The scope of jewelry repair services that we offer is as comprehensive as the damages that can be wrought on a piece of jewelry including:
- Ring resizing
- Prong re-tipping or replacement to tighten loose stones
- Gemstone replacement, mounting and assembly
- Chain lengthening and shortening
- Chain repair and soldering
- Clasp repair and replacement
- Earring repair, including post repair and screw-back/post conversion
- Fabrication, including rebuilding settings, gold links, etc.
- Hand and machine engraving
- Finishing services, including polishing, plating and cleaning
Betteridge is unique in its ability to repair fine antique jewelry. From blow torches patented in 1917 to the yttrium aluminum garnet laser, we have the tools and the knowledge base to successfully complete the most difficult jobs in the most cost effective manner.
In Greenwich, the vast majority of jewelry repairs are handled in the workshop above the showroom by our talented jewelry repairmen and designers. The Greenwich jewelry repair and design department has over two hundred and fifty years of cumulative experience “on the bench” repairing and designing fine jewelry.
Pearl Restringing is a Betteridge specialty that is usually handled in-house by our pearl specialists. Few people realize that pearls worn on a regular basis should be restrung as frequently as once a year.
Jewelry repair prices vary, depending on the amount of work that needs to be performed and the cost of the materials involved. When we take in a repair, we will provide your with an estimate of cost and time to repair for your approval. Pearl restringing typically costs $2.25 per inch, although special projects may be priced differently.
Betteridge jewelry repair services vary slightly by store location. For information about services offered by a particular store or to check on the status of your repair, contact the Jewelry Repair Department.